Welcome to the Physical Healing Track!
You will note as you go through the various Physical Healing course levels that some subjects are repeated in every course level. This is on purpose, knowing that learning takes place where there are multiple ways the information is being processed, and repetition is an important part of the learning process. You will receive the most important concepts through video, audio and reading as well as being asked to implement what we are studying in activities, clinical experiences, and reflective writing about what you are learning.
- To equip healing ministers with the understanding and spiritual tools necessary to become effective
- To provide a balanced and acceptable process for healing for those in need of physical healing, focusing on love and compassion and the worth of persons who come for ministry
- To provide a solid biblical theology for the ministry and practice of healing
- To help establish healing ministry teams in local churches or “Healing Rooms.”
- To foster the inclusion of healing ministry in the regular preaching and teaching of local churches.
In the first two courses, you will receive is a strong, Biblical foundation for healing as seen in the Old Testament, the ministry of Jesus, his disciples and apostles, and access exclusive content of modern day healers. You will be able to compare and contrast Christian and non-Christian healing modalities. And you will receive practical instruction and experience with the 5 step prayer model, and words of knowledge.
The purpose of the last two courses is to equip those being certified for a fulltime Church staff position in the Equipping Ministry, or to be released as an Associate Instructor of an entire Healing School, a Healing Rooms Director, or a chaplain in a hospital, or someone who simply wants to be the best minister of healing they can be. Here you will receive advanced training in Biblical healing ministry, investigate relationship of faith and medicine, and receive individual coaching and experience in training others through seminars, training manuals, and more.
Physical Healing - Level 1
This first course in Physical Healing covers the Biblical foundation for healing, practical ministry training and a strong component based on the experiences of many noted healers. These personal interviews will answer the following five topics:
- The healer's personal journey-- how they were called, key events and experiences
- How they grew and learned in the area of healing and miracles.
- Significant breakthroughs in their life where they began to see more healing and miracles.
- How they developed the ability to see and hear in the Spirit
- Their most miraculous healing or deliverance stories
- Words of Knowledge: The student must give 4 words of knowledge during this 8 week period to people he/she ministers to. Keep a diary of the words, their accuracy and be prepared to report in week 8.
- 5 Step Prayer Model: The student must pray for 4 people for physical healing during this 8 week period. Keep a diary of how many were healed. Be prepared to report in week 8.
Physical Healing - Level 2
This second course in Physical Healing will build on key foundations established in Course 1. We will investigate the healing ministry of Jesus, the disciples, their relationship with the Father, and cooperation with the angelic realm. We will also compare this with counterfeit modalities such as Reiki, Therapeutic Touch and Healing Touch. By the end of the course, you will be equipped with the following:
- Understanding of the importance of intimacy with God for healing
- Understanding of the priority of grace in healing ministry
- Awareness of the sacrifice in healing ministry
- Thorough study of how Jesus prayed for the sick, as found in the gospels
- Biblical foundation on how the early disciples, not just apostles, ministered healing after the Ascension
- Thorough New Testament foundation for healing
- Awareness of various Christian healing streams, and their unique value.
- Understanding of different world views of healing, compared and contrasted with Christian doctrines
- Understanding of the Angelic realm, and the difference between Angelic help and Spirit Guides.
- Words of Knowledge: The student will give eight (8) words of knowledge during their eight week course semester. These words should be presented directly to people they minister to using the model learned from their course work. Student should document the words given, their accuracy, and be prepared to report these at week eight.
- 5 Step Prayer Model: The student will pray for eight (8) people directly for physical healing during their eight week course semester. Their ministry should use model learned from their course work. Student should document these prayer times, results of the healing prayers and be prepared to report these at week eight.
- Bible, New Testament
- Suggested Color Analysis for Synoptic Materials - Rev. Felix Just, S.J.
(See Table 1 - Pages 11-14 of course syllabus)
- Demons and Deliverances in the Gospels - Rev. Felix Just, S.J.
(See Table 2 - Pages 15-17 of course syllabus)
- The Healing River and its Contributing Streams - Randy Clark
(Course material will be provided in content area of the online learning center)
- Jesus the Bearer of the Cup of the Water of Life: A Christian Reflection on the “New Age” Pontifical Council for Culture/Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue
(Link in syllabus to view online)
- New Age Healing Versus Christian Healing: Reiki Healing Invading Churches and Hospitals, So What\'s the Difference? - Dr. Gary S. Greig
(Course Material will be provided in content area of the online learning center)
- Empowered: A School of Healing and Impartation Workbook - Randy Clark*
- Open Heaven/Are You Thirsty? – Randy Clark*
*These resources can be purchased at the Global Awakening Online Bookstore.
Physical Healing - Level 3
This third course in Physical Healing is the first of the two advanced levels of training and certification within this program. This level would be for someone who is being certified for a fulltime Church staff position in the Equipping ministry, or to be released as an Associate Instructor of an entire Healing School, a Healing Rooms Director, or a chaplain in a hospital. The chaplain would be best equipped if s/he took both Level III, and Level IV which deals more with healing and the medical field.
This level is preparing you not just to minister healing, but to become proficient at teaching others how to pray for healing. Therefore, practical assignments are required to reflect not only your ability to minister, but also your ability to teach others to minister.
The focus of this course is the comparison between New Age healing modalities and Christian healing, as well as the philosophical and theological perspectives that undergird both. Special emphasis will be given to the way Jesus, the apostles, and others in the New Testament healed. By the end of the course, you will be equipped with the following:
- Ability to become an excellent, anointed trainer/teacher as well as practitioner of physical healing
- Aware of and able to answer more theological concerns and issues related to healing within the Christian faith
- Understand the ways Jesus and the New Testament church healed.
- Old Testament Biblical foundation of health, healing and sickness
- More thorough understanding of the diversity of Christian healing streams
- More thorough discernment of differences between Christian and non-christian modalities of healing, and their foundational belief systems
- Awareness of various Christian healing streams, and their unique value.
- Introduction to Quantum Physics, to help you determine value of Christian and non-Christian healing modalities
Please Note: The purpose of this course is to help prepare you as a certified trainer for full-time staff, ministry and work in healing rooms. As such, in addition to weekly assignments, additional assignments and projects will be required and reviewed by coaches. This course is also designed to prepare you for final examination before the review board, to receive your certified trainer credentials.
- Healing, Disbelief, Deliverance, Deception: Teach on word of Knowledge and followed with an Activation clinic. (You may do this at a church, a public library where you have advertised this clinic, perhaps the local YMCA, be creative.) Each one must have been supervised and a review submitted to the designated person within Global Awakening Certification Program. Supervisor must be a clergy person, a professional mental health person, a social worker, or a professional from the medical field.
- 5 Step Prayer Model: Teach the 5 step Prayer Model followed by Activation clinic. (You may do this at a church, a public library where you have advertised this clinic, perhaps the local YMCA, be creative.)
- Final Paper: Students will expand on their notes from the two lectures to create two chapters in 15 pages working towards the ministry manual that is to be completed in the CHCP Residency Program after Level 4.
Physical Healing - Level 4
This fourth course in Physical Healing is the last of the two advanced levels of training for certification within this division of the program. These two levels would be for someone who is being certified for a fulltime Church staff position in the Equipping Ministry, or to be released as an Associate Instructor of an entire Healing School, a Healing Rooms Director, or a chaplain in a hospital, or someone who simply wants to be the best minister of healing they can be.
The focus of this course is the study of the relationship between Christian healing and the medical fields. By the end of the course, you will be equipped with the following:
- You will learn about the history of the “Healing Movement” within Christianity.
- You will learn about the hot and cold relationship between the Christian religion and medical science from the birth of Christianity until today.
- You will learn about some of the latest interaction between religion and medicine from leading professors of Harvard, Duke, Yale, and St. Louis University medical schools.
- You will learn about the medical communities’ concept of “well-being” not just healing.
- You will learn from Dr. Harold Koenig’s report to the U.S. Congress on Religion, Spirituality and Public Health: Research, Applications, and Recommendations delivered September 18, 2008.
- You will gain an Understanding of Religion’s Effects on Physical Health.
- You will learn about what medicine has discovered about the effect of religion upon: coping, depression, suicide, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia and other psychosis, alcohol and drug abuse, delinquency, personality, mental health, heart disease, hypertension, cerebrovascular disease and the brain, immune system dysfunction, cancer, mortality, disability, pain and other somatic symptoms, the connection between spirituality and healing, and areas of research that need further research, especially faith healing.
- You will learn to question whether or not God has made human bodies hard-wired to respond to faith; the placebo and nocebo effects as well as the evidence of the power of “cognitive restructuring.” This concept will be considered from both medicine’s perspective and Christian healing perspective.
In addition to weekly assignments, each candidate for Level Four Certification will have an assigned Supervisor to work with them during the requirements of this level. The President of the Certification Program, Randy Clark, must personally approve the Supervisors.
- Timeless Healing - Herbert Benson and Marg Stark.
- Miracles: The Credibility of the New Testament Accounts, 2 vols. - Craig S. Keener
The below articles/essays below will be provided as PDFs.
- Syncretism and Political Correctness in Academia and the Medical Field by Randy Clark (9 pages).
- Religion, Spirituality and Public Health: Research, Applications, and Recommendations: Testimony - Harold G. Koenig, M.D.
- Dictionary of Pentecostal and Charismatic Movements, “Healing Movements,” pp. 353-374. Edited by Stanley Burgess and Gary McGee
- Handbook of Religion and Health, Chapter 2: “History of Religion, Science, and Medicine: Historical Timeline,” pp. 24-52. - Harold Koenig, Michael McCullough and David Larson
- “The 'Toronto Blessing': A Holistic Model of Healing” - Margaret M. Poloma and Lynette F. Hoelter, Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion, Vol. 37, No. 2 (Jun., 1998), pp. 257-272.
- Workbook for School of Healing and Impartation III; Medical and Spiritual Perspectives on Healing pp. 87-114 Chapters 11 and 12 “Understanding World View of the Different Contemporary Healing Models”
- New Age Healing Versus Christian Healing: Reiki Healing Invading Churches and Hospitals, So What’s the Difference? Dr. Gary S. Greig
- Testing Prayer: Science and Healing, Chapter 1, “From Toronto Blessing to Global Awakening,” pp. 21-63. Candy Brown
- Notes on the Meaning of Persons - Paul Tournier, Compiled by Randy Clark